Every year on March 17, the Irish and the Irish-at-heart celebrate what is known as St. Patrick’s Day.
What began as a religious feast day, has now become an international festival celebrating Irish culture with parades, dancing, special foods and a whole lot of green.
While celebrating and partaking in these festivities, you should consider your safety. During festivals and parades most people aren't thinking about the "what if's" they are normally having a great time and are carefree.
Here are five tips for maintaining your personal safety while out enjoying all the nightlife entertainment options.
1. Stay in groups, operate with the buddy system.
2. Avoid carrying large purses or bags, take only what you need and can hold close.
3. Separate your driver’s license, cash and credit card from your purse, so if you are mugged they don’t get your ID or cash. Carry critical item in your front pockets.
4. Walk with a confident demeanor while maintaining an awareness of your surroundings.
5. If you feel threatened, alert the venue’s staff or security officer and ask for help.
I know talking about safety can be a "Debbie Downer" but the reality is there are people out there that are anticipating you not being aware.
Remember Safety First! Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Tammy Johnson, our CEO and serial entrepreneur, have over 15 years of hospitality experience. She writes about how a business can benefit from hiring a private security company.