Concealed Weapon Permit Training
There are a lot of options for CWP training out there, but we are proud of the curriculum that we have developed to take a more thorough, pragmatic approach to carry a concealed weapon. Our instructors will work hard to make sure you have a solid working knowledge of our state's laws, gun safety, and critical thinking skills. We offer classes at our location or yours, for both individuals, and groups. All firearms portions at held at our outdoor gun range in Taylors. Our classroom session is 6 hours while the firearm test is 2 hours.
Veteran, Law Enforcement, or Security Officer Rate: $55
Group of 10-19: $60 per person
Group of 20+: $55 per person
Requirements to receive your CWP:
SLED may issue or renew a Concealed Weapon Permit to a person who:
- SC resident who is at least twenty-one years of age and who is not prohibited by state law from possessing the weapon upon submission of:
- a completed application signed by the person;
- one current full face color photograph of the person, not smaller than one inch by one inch nor larger than three inches by five inches;
- proof of residence;
- proof of actual or corrected vision rated at 20/40 within six months of the date of application or, in the case of a person licensed to operate a motor vehicle in this State, presentation of a valid driver’s license;
- proof of training;
- payment of a fifty-dollar application fee. This fee must be waived for disabled veterans and retired law enforcement officers; and
- a complete set of fingerprints unless, because of a medical condition verified in writing by a licensed medical doctor,a complete set of fingerprints is impossible to submit.